A complete block

Hello there amigos.

Heres my most recent shapespark project, is also my biggest one in terms of scale, just looking for critics and comments welcome as always. and yes it is not baked yet… am still making some corrections.
ALSO PLSS LET ME KNOW WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THE “ORBS” I USED TO ADD “GUIDES FOR CONTROLS” AND ALSO IN THIS BLOCK WE STILL HAVE SOME PICES OF LAND THAT ARE FOR SALE… SO I USED 2 OPTIONS 1: AND ORB WICH CONTAINS AN IMAGE OF THE LAND WITH DIMENSIONS AND SOO… AND THE 2: IS JUST THE SAME BUT WITH A… KIND OF A FLAG?? WELL… SEE IT FOR YOUR SELF. I JUST WHANT TO KNOW WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THOSE OPTIONS AND WHAT U GUYS THINK IS THE BETTER AN MORE COMFORTABLE IF YOU WERE A COSTUMER. :smile: rettings¡¡
https://gaesvr.shapespark.com/fracc/

1 Like

Hi @Antonio_Perez!

Thank you for sharing. It’s a definitely a creative way of presenting a large area. I like how you have marked the route with arrows.

I would go for explicit always-visible information, where the information is important, does not obscure the view, and does not cause the view to be overloaded with information. So, I would choose a floating rectangle for controls description and “flags” for land lots (perhaps, I would made the flags a bit larger in this case). Then, “orbs” can be used to supplement the basic always-visible information with more details.

If you decide on rectangles and “flags”, you can experiment with making their materials emissive, so they stood out from their surroundings. It might be particularly important after your scene is baked. Also, you could disable collisions for them using the Custom collision settings in the Objects tab.

One thing that caught my attention is that the scene has already quite a lot of triangles - over 10M. It would make the scene download faster and work smoother, also in the editor, if you managed to decrease this number. You can find the most complex objects in your scene by analyzing the objects in the Objects tab. The tab gives you information on the number of faces (triangles) in the currently selected object and in the whole scene. The list of objects is sorted starting from the objects with the highest number of faces (at each hierarchy level), so you can identify the objects to optimize by looking at the top of this list.

2 Likes

Saludos @Antonio_Perez,
No se cuál programa de modelado usas pero siguiendo el consejo de @wojtek en casi todos ellos tienes la posibilidad de reducir superficies (decimate) y tomando los objetos más grandes que la pestaña “objects” de shapespark te indica puedes reducir superficies y actualizar la escena para disminuir su tamaño y que cargue más rápido. (El mi caso no cargó con un iPhone 6) Nosotros usamos sketchup y existe un plugin que se llama “cleanup3” que ayuda con esta tarea de limpiar los archivos.
Suerte! :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Que tal @jorgearq
Muchas gracias por comentar.
si de echo, usos clean up para limpiar mis modelos, solo que tenia demasiada geometria en mi vegetacion mas que otra cosa, estoy optimizando mi modelo y afinando unas cosas para hacer el bake, quisas aun despues de hacerlo aun siga corrigiendo cosas ya que es un proyecto muy grande, pero por lo pronto ya esta agarrando forma, en cuanto ala vegetacion use plantas en 2d con imagenes que descarge de la 3d warehouse, y al igual que tu utilizamos sketchup, podria cargar mis archivos desde 3ds max pero siento que es mucho mas rrapido el flujo de trabajo en SKP pero bueno es cosa de cada quien.
Es bueno tener en el foro alguien latino para hacer comentarios, yo soy de Torreon Coahuila Mexico, y tu mi hermano?
Saludos¡¡

@Antonio_Perez saludos, soy de San José Costa Rica. Si, es bueno tener a alguien en tu mismo idioma. Espero que tengas éxito con la escena que estás trabajando. Yo por mi parte aún sigo aprendiendo y tratando de acercarme a imágenes más realistas. Esto es de ir probando. Creo que sería muy bueno colocar en el foro settings de materiales y luces que han tenido buenos resultados para utilizarlos de una vez y no tener que estar inventando el agua tibia!

Saludos y de nuevo éxitos en tu escena.

HI @wojtek
Rigth now am editing textures… but nothing happens, i havent added any ligth probes, cause i read in a post cant remember wich one that “Exterior” scenes do not need ligth probes… but how can i edit the reflections of my materials in a exterior like this one??
do i need them?

Hello @tim
If not mistaking you have already made a large exterior project, maybe you can helpme with suggestions and advices plss :smiley:

Thank you so much for ur reply.
What baking configuration do you recomend me for this? currently i used thse configurations on the bake tab.it is just a “pre-bake” to edit my materials

Hi.

I think the baking settings are okay. You Can increase the Lightmap resolution if possible. Shapespark will suggest a resolution which works if you set it too high.
I usually add light probes to my exterior. It can help to better control the reflections.
Also, it might be good if you give all surfaces a texture. In my opinion, for example, the curbstones look a bit flat.
If you want stronger and sharper shadows decrease the size of the sun to 0.01 and increase the strength of it to something like 20.

1 Like

I increased my sun value to 20 an reduce its size, shadows look much more stonger an sharper, but i think my scene looks a bit “burn” dont you think’?

Yes, I agree.
You can control the exposure in the camera tab. Set it to -3 and see how it looks. Adjust it further if required.
You can also get more contrast into your scene by increasing the gamma value. This makes the overal look a bit darker so you might need to increase the exposure again.

Yes, you need them, however not necessarily many of them. In scenes such as this one reflection accuracy is usually not that important, so perhaps even one light probe may be sufficient, for example placed in the centre of some street.

It seems the lightmap resolution is a bit low, because there is a very large object with the mountain picture (named Group#362 belonging to Group#360) which limits the resolution during UV unwrapping. Such surrounding objects with background pictures usually do not require lightmap at all, so you set Custom lightmap resolution to 0 for this object in the Objects tab. Then, you should be able to increase the lightmap resolution to 10-20, which should significantly improve the lighting quality.

1 Like

Oh i see currently i baked my scene with ligthmap resolution of : 2
but i have some probles with my scene i have some shadows in my objects like in this image.

what can i do?

I think that’s the lightmap resolution not being high enough. i’d turn it off completely by setting it to 0. Maybe bake the shadows for that one troublesome object into the diffuse map image instead in a 3rd party 3d software. I think your an Fstorm user if memory serves me correctly. Should be pretty fast for one object with the render to texture option in 3ds max.

1 Like

although actually, that will require a really large texture for such a large object if your to maintain the road texture detail (as it wont be tiled anymore).

I’m not sure if there’s a way to import lightmaps created externally. might be worth investigating though.

A checkbox to tell the shapespark to generate a dedicated lightmap.png for large objects would be good perhaps.

@Antonio_Perez,

This is a result of very low lightmap resolution - one lightmap pixel covers large area, so shadows are imprecise.

Have you tried setting Custom lightmap resolution to 0 for the cylindrical mountain picture - object named Group#362 belonging to Group#360 in the Objects tab? Then, you should be able to bump the Lightmap resolution for the scene to 10 or 20 in the Bake tab. This will increase the lighting/shadows quality.

@Michael_Campbell
Thank you so much for ur reply. and am a Vray and Corona Render User. I’ll try to low teh ligthmap resolution of my background image and bump my ligthmap and let you know.

@jorgearq
acabo de subir la esena de el fraccionamiento, le hice un bake y edite los materiales un poco, aun sigo teniendo el problema de las manchas o sombras en mi modelo pero eso lo estoy arreglando ahora mismo, solo queria saber que opinas mi hermano, creo que me pase con el brillo en casi todo xD, tanto que se ven opacas las texturas. no cres? o sera mi monitor?? xD :persevere::persevere:!

Saludos @Antonio_Perez, primero que todo este trabajo es enorme y en casos como este puede ser dificil ajustar los brillos, las sombra y las texturas de todo el modelo para lograr un nivel de realismo suficiente. Partiendo de esa dificultad por el tamaño has hecho un buen trabajo. Si creo que no se logran ver las texturas, hay mucho contraste o brillo de las paredes.
Por otro lado, te comento que las imágenes informativas no se logran ver en el teléfono. No se si has considerado eso. Te voy a enviar las imágenes desde mi teléfono.

2 Likes

Muchas gracias por los comentarios.
de cualquier forma, experimentar con el programa ayuda ala comunidad.
En este momento estoy haciendo el bake de mi proyecto con 900 muestras y logre aumentar el lightmap a 15, espero que con esto las manchas desaparescan, pero almenos si seran 15 horas de bake.