Vr Eye Distance

Hi,

I just wanna know… if there is any option so i can increase or decrease the distance between 2 eyes for vr mode.

Thanks.

Shapespark does not have such setting, but WebVR API that Shapespark uses passes the eye distance (IPD) configured in the headeset. So if your headset allows to set the distance as is the case with Oculus, and Vive, Shapespark should use it.

Hi Jan thanks for the reply.

but i am facing a different issue… well let me try to explain:roll_eyes:

in VR practically what we see is that , the left eye always see the extreme left part of scene and right eye see the extreme right of the scene because of which we see the scene complete.

Well in my case its getting opposite… my left eye part is showing more of extreme right corner of room and left eye part is showing more of extreme left part corner… due to which the scene is not getting completed and not getting a proper vr effect…

Hope you got my point… hehe… please view the attached image for more clear idea.!

The problem is more likely caused by something else. The right part of the VR image is missing, so perhaps your mobile phone screen resolution is not recognized correctly. What device do you have? Does the full screen mode with VR disabled work correctly?

If you look at the screenshots from other VR engines, right eye often shows more stuff on the left side than the left eye (and vice versa):
https://www.google.pl/search?q=vr+screenshot&source=lnms&tbm=isch
Some examples below:

I’m not sure what is a good explanation for this. I guess it may be because not everything on the screen is visible with the VR headset on, so it doesn’t matter what is rendered near the borders of the image.

hi jan,

thanks for your reply… but still i am facing the same issue…
please see the below link in your VR gear and you’ll know my issue…
the left eye view and right eye view are not blending properly.
i see two pointers when i see my scene through my MI VR PLAY.

https://kuldev82.shapespark.com/sample/

also you can see the screenshot in vr gear.

Hi @Kuldev_singh

If you are using a phone with changeable display resolution, like one of Samsung Galaxy S family, could you set the resolution to maximum and try again?

By the way, the screenshot you took looks like if you were using emulated VR mode, not the native Gear VR mode. To use the latter one please open your visualization in the Oculus Browser Gear VR app.

Hello, Sorry to say but your provided examples both are wrong.
Here find the same google cardboard output how left and right eye images should be.
And there are same issues with your software. This is an error you should have to admit this and fix this.
But by the way I love the rest of the things about your application.Just waiting when you will fix this issue So I can go for the subscription.

Just swapped the left and right image and I can able to see the image clearly.

@cgishakti,

The examples are screenshots from various third-party Cardboard applications, not an output produced by Shapespark. I am not sure if I understand what you mean by saying they are wrong. Do you mean that you tried to open the corresponding applications and the VR mode didn’t work correctly for you?

Speaking about Shapespark, may I ask which scene you have tried that the VR mode didn’t work OK? And what browser & device it was on.

This topic discusses the same problem and includes an explanatory image why the left eye sees more things on the right side:

your diagram is applicable only for looking near objects

left eye sees more things on the right side and right eye sees more things on the left side for near objects.
BUT its opposite for the distance objects with normal eyes. See the perfect diagram for normal vision.

vision-field

Hi @Jan, Yesterday I tried to use a VR cardboard and I couldn’t align the images, I couldn’t put the white dot in one! I don´t know if this is a recent problem but never happen to me before. I confest that long time ago I don´t use thats VR headsets

Hi @jorgearq,

What phone have you tried the VR mode on? Is it different from the one you had tried previously?

Yes, you right! :confused: I tried with my old iphone 6 and is ok, but with my Huawei Mate 20 is imposible to calibrate the Utopia headset, what can I do?

Based on this Reddit discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/Huawei/comments/ab8ayp/getting_mate_20_pro_working_with_a_cheap_vr/

Could you try to lowering the display resolution and see if it helps?

Lowering resolution not helping. :weary:
I will search solutions, if you get some, tellme. If I get one, I write here. .

Are you using the Cardboard I/O 2015, as described here: Why do I see double vision when using Google Cardboard to view virtual tours made in Tour Creator? - Expeditions Community ?

Hi @Wojtek, I saw the links you sent me,

1. I modified the screen resolution
  2. I changed the viewfinder settings (I / O 2014-2015)
  3. I was testing several search engines (edge, firefox)
  4. I tried the Google Cardboard app directly
    But the problem persists, it is definitely something of Huawei Mate 20. I will have to keep looking.

One more check - please try native WebVR in Chrome on Android.

Open the following address: chrome://flags/#enable-webvr and change the state of WebVR from Disabled to Enabled, as on the below screenshot:

For the native mode you need to change the display resolution to the maximum.

1 Like

This thing fixed up everything! Activating this feature triggers the installation of Google VR services, so that allows everything to work fine.
I share some screen shots to show you