A complete block

@wojtek
I used these bake configuration and this error came out… :C y left my computer baking it since yesterday at 4 pm xD

@Antonio_Perez, could you upload this scene as it is now? We will have a look.

By the way, for exterior scenes a high number of bounces and samples is usually not necessary, because most areas in such scenes can be directly reached by sky or sun light, and the noise is low. So, you could use just 4 bounces and 50 samples, which would make your bake way shorter.

1 Like

@wojtek
its already uploaded.
and i’ll try using those setttings :smiley:

@Antonio_Perez,

it seems to be some subtle issue related to automatic UV unwrapping. We will be investigating it.

The issue manifests itself when you use lightmap resolution of 13 for this scene, but not if you use 14. So, change the lightmap resolution to 14 and you should be able to bake the scene again.

@Antonio_Perez,

The “shadows” in your scene are dark lightmap pixels. They occur in situations where one lightmap pixel covers an area which is partially visible, but mostly occluded. Since the whole area covered by a lightmap pixel must share one light intensity it is baked as if was fully occluded.

Shapespark has a post-processing pass to remove such dark pixels after the lightmap is baked, however it didn’t remove all of the dark pixels in your scene. Your scene has bright illumination, so the default threshold for detecting dark pixels - the Flood dark limit setting in the Bake tab is too low. Increase it to 0.3 (or perhaps even more) and run post-processing using the Post-process button (scene rebake is not necessary, post-processing runs on existing lightmaps).

2 Likes

https://gaesvr.shapespark.com/fracc/

Thanks a lot i looks much better now. :smiley:

@wojtek @jorgearq @Michael_Campbell @tim

1 Like