Back to the Shapespark home page

Change sensitivity of camera

Hello,

Is it possible to change the mouse sensitivity or drag sensitivity when on mobile devices?

Is there a script for it?

Thanks

For a walk view changing the camera speed in the “Camera” tab will affect the gesture navigation sensitivity. For an orbit/top view it’s not possible.

your navigation function in shapespark is very well thought out and intuitive. On mobile devices i wished there will be some improvement. Its not that intuitive like on desktop.

Hello @wojtek,

I mean that the sensitivity of the camera while turning left / right needs to be faster. (not while walking).

For example, when I’m on mobile, I need to drag two-three times when I’m on portrait mode to turn 180 degree. When in landscape mode, it still feels reasonable.

I would like to alter this sensitivity and make it a little faster so that when on portait mode in mobile, it feels smooth and fast.

Thank you.

I see. In this case please add a body-end.html file to the scene directory with the following content:

<script>
  WALK.CAMERA_LOOK_SPEED = N * Math.PI / 1500;
</script>

replacing N with a number telling how many times faster (eg. 1.5 or 2) you’d like the camera to rotate in reaction to mouse or touch drag.

1 Like

Thank you @wojtek,

This is exactly what I wanted.

Hi @wojtek,

I would like to do the opposite, slower left/right turn but in an orbit view, is this possible?

Thank you.

Unfortunately, the orbiting speed is not configurable now. However, we are currently working on improvements to the orbit mode (like zooming to the mouse/touch pointer), so we’ll include the configuration setting you mention in the improvements.

Thanks @wojtek,

I will be waiting for this improvement.