How to share the screen in a 3D meeting

Hello.
I want to add a feature to share someone’s computer screen on a TV or a flat surface.
Sorry if this topic has been said before. (I couldn’t find it)
Please tell me if it is possible and how to do it
Thank you.

Hi @Mr_i8studio,

I have just tried this out this morning, so apologies if I’m missing anything;

Yes, you can do this - You’ll need to apply a material to a TV or surface (in the same aspect ratio as your display ideally) in your 3D application.

Then in the Shapespark Editor use the Meeting projection screen Extension:
Once you’ve selected the material to use as the screen and placed your Trigger, you’ll need to save and upload the scene.

Head to cloud.shapespark.com or click the Uploaded Scenes button in Shapespark. Here you will find your project, click the meeting button, highlighted here:
Select however many minutes required in the popup.

You will then find a link to your meeting in the Meeting section of the Cloud dashboard:

When you have joined the meeting you will find the Trigger you placed when setting up the Meeting projection screen (this trigger isn’t visible in the Editor). Click the Trigger and you can select which screen to share. All the participants will be able to see the screen share on the surface.

Hope this helps!

And if anyone else has any input feel free to jump in, it will probably help me too!

2 Likes

Hi @Oli

Many thanks for your answer.
I will try it and give you feedback.
Hope it will work as well as your test.

Hi,

I’m running some tests with the Video Stream extension with Wowza and can get it playing smoothly in the Shapespark editor but not once it’s uploaded (won’t start). Any idea what the problem might be?

Do you have these problems today? We had a bug in a video stream extensions, but yesterday we deployed a fix for it.

Yes, I started the tests about 1,5h ago.

Could you check if the stream link uses HTTPS:// protocol? Using HTTP:// could be a reason for it working locally but not after upload.

Thanks a lot, that must be it. I changed the link in Wowza to a secure https URL but now it is not displaying in either editor or browser. It’s probably related to my Wowza settings - will let you know.

Ok so I got it working after upload by enabling SSL in Wowza and coding some stuff in those files.

The problem now is that for some reason I can’t grasp, it is only working when viewed from the same pc I used to upload the scene. I tried 7 computers and different browsers but with them the stream simply does not start.

I’ve no idea if the problem is with me, Wowza or the extension confiqurations (URL). Any ideas what could be causing this?

EDIT: Console says “DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://cdn0.shapespark.com/webwalk/v325/lib/hls.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE”

Missing .map file is not an important error, these are helper files that browser tries to download to help debugging minified versions of javascript libraries, so it is not the cause of the problem. Do you see any other errors in the console? Could you share the scene or the stream URL with us?

Ok, thanks. The URL is 3D scene

The problem might also be that our router needs some re-configuration. Or so the Wowza forum seems to suggest.

EDIT: the stream is supposed to play on the screen in the end of the hallway.

This looks to be some networking problem. For me, if I open the stream directly via a link outside of Shapespark: https://620648403c244.streamlock.net/vhy22/vhy/playlist_sfm4s.m3u8 it fails to load.

1 Like