Large office space presentations

Hi! We created recently some Shapespark presentations of office spaces. Much work went into scene optimization so that this scenes although so big run smoothly on mobile devices. At first I was quite afraid about Shapespark performance on so big spaces but it works really well when the meshes are properly optimized

6 Likes

Well done Kuba. However I noticed one bug in suite03 scene. Some kind of invisible collision there which blocks the movement.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words @Anton_Aleknavitsus and for your comment. In fact it is not a bug but a feature :slight_smile: although maybe not so elegant in execution. The thing that we were provided with photoshoot of the exterior views but it was done through the windows as the builiding already exists. That is why it was almost impossible to shoot straight down so there is a place where the outside panorama ends at the bottom and at the top. That is why we decided to block the possibility to go near the windows so the cut outside view doesn’t distract the viewer. Maybe I will come out with a smarter idea the other time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Kuba .

Your project is wonderful. I was totally fascinated by it.
I like the way you set the light.
Can you guide me set up the light in the wall like you.
Thank you so much.

Thank you for your kind words @dan.studio55-jp! The wall you are referring to is pre-baked in the 3d application. It is currently not possible inside Shapespark, because it doesn’t support bump or normal maps in lighting but only in reflections.
In this case it was modeled in the 3d program, lit from one side and rendered to a texture that is than loaded as diffuse color in Shapespark

2 Likes

Excelent job! @Kuba. Many details very well done! :ok_hand:t3::+1:t3:
Put the texture in wall like a wallpaper or the texture in ceiling and fit the emissive square and many more good things! So grateful see scene like that!
How many time you spend in one space, just curious :thinking:!
Thanks for the tips! :pray:t2:

hi Kuba
i have tried it .
thank you so much . :slight_smile:

Thank you Kuba for sharing your work!

As you noticed in the Shapespark releases thread, the shared geometry support introduced in the version 1.8 reduces memory usage for office spaces with many identical objects.

For example, before the update the geometry buffers in your blockvue_2000mansfield scene used 105MB of GPU memory, and now they use only 28MB.

Scenes hosted on Shapespark hosting were automatically switched to this new version, so you don’t need to upload them again.

2 Likes

Thank you @jan for this update and also for your comment here! It is great to see how Shapespark is being upgraded constantly.

Thank you @jorgearq for your kind words. A space like this takes us about 2 weeks to complete. Usually 2 artists are working on one presentation.

1 Like

Thanks @Kuba, for your time data info. :+1:t3:

Impressive project you’ve done there!
Can you point us to which direction you took for optimisations? Low poly furniture? smaller lightmaps?

Because the result is just stunning! Congratz :+1:

Hi @Boco, most effort went into optimizing geometry - furniture and also architecture. With furniture it is more complex so there is a need to play with smoothing groups to get a decent look. You have to be careful setting lightmap resolution for such a big space. I would say that 50 is the upper limit but if you have darker floors and patterns on the carpets you can go lower with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

Amazing work dude =) congratz, could i ask pc config and time tooked to bake?

Hi @Marcos_Rosillo, this scenes are 2 years old already so I don’t exactly remember but we usually bake on a single rtx 2080 and it takes about 10 hours to render in final resolution.

2 Likes