Tune Material Correction and Re-Export to Editor

Hi, May I know if I’m tune my material color correction on my finished texture bake scene, After that i’m export my sketchup file to shapespark again, all the material color tune correction will back to previously ?

The settings you did in Shapespark will be kept after re-importing the scene.

Okay, let’s give you an example. Let’s say my sketchup file one of the object is black color, after i’m export and i’m changed it to red color after texture bake. So if i’m export again from sketchup to shapespark, the object will be back to black color or kept it as red ?

kept as red, as you set it in Shapespark.
To make the changes you have to unlock the settings. As long the settings are unlocked your imported settings will be overwritten by the settings in Shapespark. But if you unlock, make the settings, and lock it again, it will be overwritten with the next import. So to keep the adjustments you made in Shapespark let this specific settings unlocked.

1 = unlocked
2 = locked

1 Like

So meaning that once I’m unlocked the setting and make the color changes I’m need to lock it back , if not will be over written by next export and back to black color right ?

So meaning that once I’m unlocked the setting and make the color changes I’m need to lock it back , if not will be over written by next export and back to black color right ?

The other way around: you need to keep the setting unlocked to prevent the settings from being overwritten.

Initially Shapespark used locked and unlocked terminology and icons, but at some point we changed the icons and we think that easier to understand terms are linked and unlinked. The default icon is link and it means the setting is linked to SketchUp (or other program that you use). Each update of a model from SketchUp, changes the linked settings. To keep you Shapespark changes, you need to unlink the setting and keep it unlinked.

okay , use the term linked and unlinked is easier to understand. So is unlocked the material that I changes on shapespark so it not will link from sketchup export. Am I right ?

1 Like