Beta release 2.9.0 with faster baking on GPU

We would like to invite you to try the latest beta version of Shapespark with updated Cycles rendering engine, which greatly improves baking speed:

• Almost 2 times faster baking & previews on CUDA & CPU devices (about 1.5x on CPU).
  • Added support for OptiX device, available on Nvidia RTX GPUs, which is about 3 times faster than CUDA in previous releases.

Additionally there are some fixes in this release as well:

• Fixed ambient light (it no longer behaves like ambient occlusion).
  • Decreased amount of glitches in the lightmap in the areas with duplicated faces.
  • Fixed clipping out of the scene when descending from a high ledge.
  • Fixed high saturation artifacts showing up in dark areas with color mapping enabled (bug introduced in version 2.7.2).

If you want to try it out, please send an e-mail to support@shapespark.com with your username at cloud.shapespark.com or just post it here. Shapespark desktop app will automatically update to beta version for all the users who requested it, after we enable it on our side.

2 Likes

Hi @krzysztof,
I would like to be able to use the beta version 2.9.0 of Shapespark, please consider me.

Hi, I am totally into. thanks

Hi @2move.design,
What is your username at cloud.shapespark.com? I need it to enable beta version for You.
@jorgearq is your username all360?

1 Like

Yes, i am all360
Great!

Beta enabled, have fun :slight_smile:

Hello, I would like to test.
username: projetos3d

Sign me up for the beta as well please.
Username is Virtuabay.

Thank you for the effort! Hoping this fixes our problem.

@Vaz , @DanJ done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kindly sign me up as well

Thanks in advance.

Kindly sign me up as well

Thanks in advance.

@b4bhavin3 Done, have fun with fast baking :slight_smile:

To all 2.9.0 beta participants: if you noticed any kind of artifacts, glitches, quirks, or even if you simply like faster baking speed :slight_smile:, please share your feedback with us (either here or at support@shapespark.com or team@shapespark.com).

Thank you for your participation!

Hi @krzysztof,
I would like to be able to use the beta version 2.9.0 of Shapespark, please consider me.
My username is artdesignrio

Hi @krzysztof,

Hi guys amazing news i would love to try also the beta please =)

My usefname is: arkkitek

Full release 2.9.0 is out, thank you for your participation in beta :slight_smile:

@krzysztof, I identified a bug here. My scene has a trigger (switch object) activated by a “button” (external image file). I tried to change the image file and the editor simply freezes and the menu on the right side is all white.
Shapespark 2.9.1 version.

Thanks for reporting this problem.
We have a fix for it and we will probably release a new bugfix version next week.

@krzysztof Hi, after update I can’t load scenes done with this update 2.9.1 (standard: “Scene failed to load. Reload the page to retry.”)
exported/bundle scene has the same error.
when download to app, everything is OK.
please advice