Black screen with Microsoft Edge and HMD Odyssey (fixed)

Saludos a todos
tengo un equipo nuevo y soy nuevo en Shapespark, (me siento un poco sobrecargado con todos los ajustes)

Mi maquina es la siguiente
ACER Aspire A717-72G 64bit
ram 16Gb
Intel Core i7-8750H 2.20GHz

los visores son
HMD samsung Odyssey

trabajo con Sketchup 2018
y tengo la version Shapespark 1.7.2

todo funciona bien hasta que trato de ver mi trabajo con el visor odyssey a través de Microsoft edge!

cuando hago click en el símbolo de VR la pantalla se vuelve negra y en el visor tampoco se ve nada!. lo único que veo en el visor es un pequeño punto blanco y cada 5-6 segundos un flash!

He revisado en este foro y en los foros de Mixed Reality y de WebVR y creo que tiene algo que ver con la resolución del visor que es mayor a la del Oculus y a la del HTC Vive.

me pueden ayudar a solucionar este problema?

No tengo como ver otros ejemplos para ver si es un asunto de tamaño del archivo, si me pudieran indicar donde puedo ver otros ejemplos seria bueno para mi.

Gracias

Hi everybody
I have a new equipment and I am new in Shapespark, (I feel a bit overloaded with all the settings)

My machine is
ACER Aspire A717-72G 64bit
ram 16Gb
Intel Core i7-8750H 2.20GHz

the viewers are
HMD samsung Odyssey

I work with Sketchup 2018
and I have the Shapespark 1.7.2 version

Everything works fine until I try to see my work with the odyssey viewer through Microsoft edge!

When I click on the VR symbol the screen turns black and nothing is visible in the Odyssey! the only thing I see in it is a small white dot and home 5-6 seconds a flash!

I have reviewed in this forum and in the Mixed Reality and WebVR forums and I think it has something to do with the resolution of the viewer that is greater than the Oculus and the HTC Vive.

Can you help me solve this problem?

I do not have to see other examples to see if it is a matter of file size, if you could indicate where I can see other examples would be good for me.

Thank you

We don’t have Samsung Odyssey Mixed Reality headset, but we will test with the Acer Mixed Reality headset and the latest version of IE to see if it also has such problem. I’ll post the results in this forum thread tomorrow.

Hi Jan, Thanks for your answer. I hope that you find some solution, this is very sad because you can not see the model in VR heatset!

Jan, do you find something?

We see the same black screen with the Acer Mixed Reality, we are still investigating the cause of this.

Thanks Jan, I’ve been looking for answers too. I can not find anything specific but I ask you to try to see this scene, 3D scene if I remember correctly when I used the first time the Lenovo explorer vr headset I could see it well!

The problem is that Mixed Reality triggers a WebGL context loss during a switch from normal to VR mode, this requires application to recreate all the rendering state, which Shapespark currently doesn’t do. We are working on fixing this.

Thank Jan
I hope that you find a solution for this annoying situation! I’m very happy with this custom service, that make the difference!
BR
Jorge

Hi @jan, do you got some news about this?

Hey, we have a fix for this problem and it will be released today.

That are excellent news ! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:
I will be aware for fix release to implement it and share the results!!!

Thanks
Jorge

Success! with today’s update (1.7.3) I was able to see with my Samsung Odyssey viewer. The definition and photorealism are impressive. The feeling of being inside is spectacular. However you can not use the controls to move in the virtual space, you can only teleport. The pad of the left control works like an instantaneous but not intuitive teleporter and the button of the index of the right control does the same, the other buttons do not generate any effect. Maybe in a next update we can walk fluidly through the virtual space using the controls and not just the teleport with the blue circle. Thanks @Jan for the follow-up and my congratulations for the improvement to the Software.

Thank you @jorgearq for testing!

There are many kinds of controllers in use, which makes adding and testing more advanced navigation modes difficult.

For example, native VR applications often render 3D controllers in VR world, which greatly helps the user. This is doable when an application targets one or two VR devices (for example Vive and Oculus Rift). With larger number of devices that work with WebVR, rendering different controllers in 3D is a significant effort.

In a longer term we will be looking into ways in which VR navigation could be improved for all supported devices, but most likely not in the next Shapespark update.