Hiding multiple objects in a scene with triggers

Hi everyone! I am new to ShapeSpark but am loving it so far!

I’ve scoured the forum for hours looking for an answer, but not turning up much so I’ll ask.

I’m trying to make a single scene where there are multiple tours that could take place within that one scene. I want to show/hide the triggers dependent on which “story” the user is seeing the Shapespark scene through.

For example: I have a playroom, a child will experience the playroom differently than an adult. The adult might be more interested in the reading nook while the child is more interested in the toys in another corner of the room. So I wanted to have one set of triggers for the child’s experience and one set of triggers for the adult’s experience, but I don’t want to show both the adult and child’s triggers at the same time, as this would clutter up the scene.

1 Like

How are you going to switch between the tours?

If you used scene objects as triggers (Object type trigger type), instead of the extra sphere/sprite triggers, you could use the Custom hide in views option to show/hide certain triggers depending on the view selected by the user. Would it be helpful for your use case?

Yeah, I was actually thinking of doing just that. Going to test and see if that will work for my case, most likely it will :slight_smile:

Another question: Is there any support for nested views? For instance, the view buttons to the right would look something like this:

Journey 1
- Scene 1
- Scene 2

Journey 2
- Scene 1
- Scene 2

There is no notion of nested views in Shapespark. However, with a bit of CSS you can style the view list, so that particular views are formatted differently than the other. For example, if you place a head-end.html file with the following content:

<style>
  .view {
    /* By default assume all the views are indented. */
    margin-left: 0.5rem;
  }
  .view:nth-of-type(1) {
    /* Do not indent the outer view... */
    margin-left: 0;
    /* ...and make it larger. */
    font-size: 1.2rem;
  }
  .view:nth-of-type(4) {
  }
  .view:nth-of-type(7) {
  }
</style>

in the scene directory (in Documents\Shapespark) you will make the 1st, 4th and 7th larger and the rest of the views smaller and indented.

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you! This is very helpful.