스케치업에서 작업한 재질이 깨집니다. I have a issue about image texture that is be broken after send to Shapespark from Sketchup 2021

안녕하세요. 현재 스케치업 2021과 쉐이프스파크를 이용하는 한국의 유저입니다.
Hello, I’m a user of Setchup 2021 and Shapespark in South Korea.

정말 해결하고 싶은 문제가 있습니다.
I have a big trouble that I really want to solve.

아무리 검색해도 답이 나오지 않아서 여기에 글을 남깁니다.
I can’t find the solution no matter how much time I’ve searched that, so I write the question here.

본격적인 질문에 앞서서, 저희 회사의 작업물을 함부로 보여드릴 수 없기에, 비슷한 사진을 예시로 활용한다는 것을 알립니다.
Before I ask my question, I can’t show you my company’s job, so I’ll use another picture as a sample.

저 사진의 왼쪽 부분을 제가 스케치업에서 이용한 재질이라고 가정해 보겠습니다.
Let’s assume that the left part of the picture is the material(the other word of “Texture”) I used in the Sketchup.

제가 UV를 잘 폈고, 스케치업에서도 저 사진처럼 선명한 결과를 확인할 수 있었다고 가정해 보겠습니다.
Let’s say that I unwrapped UV well, and I was able to see a clear results like the left part of that picture in the Sketchup.

하지만 제가 그 작업물을 쉐이프스파크로 보내고 나면 거의 매번 저 사진의 오른쪽 부분처럼 텍스쳐(재질)의 해상도가 심각하게 깨집니다.
But almost every time I send the work to Shapespark, the texture(the other word of “Material”) resolution is seriously broken, like the right side of that picture.

아무리 제가 스케치업에서 다시 작업해도, 이미지를 바꿔봐도, Shapespark 업데이트를 해도, Shapespark에서 한번 깨진 텍스쳐는 계속 깨집니다.
No matter how much I work on the Sketchup again, no matter how much I change the image, no matter how much I update Shapespark, the texture that breaks once in Shapespark keeps breaking.

그래서, 어떻게 하면 Sketchup에서 제대로 작업한 텍스쳐를 Shpespark에서 깨지지 않게 할 수 있을까요?!
So, how can I keep the texture I worked on properly in Sketchup from breaking in Shpespark?!

어떻게 하면 이 문제를 해결할 수 있을까요?
How can I solve this problem?!

제발 도와주세요.
Please, help me.

보시는 분이 한국인이라면 한국어로, 한국인이 아니라면 영어로 답을 적어주세요.
If you are Korean, please write your answers in Korean and if you are not Korean, please write your answers in English.

또, 이 문제에 관한 유튜브 영상의 링크도 달아주시면 감사드리겠습니다.
Also, I would appreciate it if you could post a link to the YouTube video regarding this issue.

강조합니다. 제발 도와주세요.
The poin that I must emphasize is :Help me!!"

(I used Papago to translate my word.)

It looks like the texture is significantly downsized during the export, because Shapespark finds that the real world size of the surface is very small.

Do you use real world dimensions in your SketchUp model? For example, if a wall is supposed to be 4 meter by 5 meter in the real world, is it 4 meter by 5 meter in SketchUp?

1 Like

Now, I think it’s better to translate your first reply to Korean.
(님의 댓글에 답글을 달고 난 후의) 지금, 한국분들을 위해 님의 첫번째 말씀을 번역하는 것이 좋다고 생각합니다.

This is just translation.
이건 그냥 번역입니다.

It looks like the texture is significantly downsized during the export, because Shapespark finds that the real world size of the surface is very small.
Shapespark는 실제 표면 크기가 매우 작다고 생각하기 때문에, 보내는 동안 질감이 크게 줄어든 것으로 보입니다.

Do you use real world dimensions in your SketchUp model? For example, if a wall is supposed to be 4 meter by 5 meter in the real world, is it 4 meter by 5 meter in SketchUp?
“SketchUp 모델에서 실제 크기를 사용하십니까? 예를 들어 실제 세계에서 벽이 가로 4m, 세로 5m인 경우 스케치업에서 가로 4m, 세로 5m 인가요?”

“SketchUp 모델에서 실제 크기를 사용하십니까? 예를 들어 실제 세계에서 벽이 가로 4m, 세로 5m인 경우 스케치업에서 가로 4m, 세로 5m 인가요?”
“Do you use real world dimensions in your SketchUp model? For example, if a wall is supposed to be 4 meter by 5 meter in the real world, is it 4 meter by 5 meter in SketchUp?”

그게 문제인가요?
Is this a matter?

그리고 그에 대한 제 대답은 "정확히는 모른다."는 것입니다.
And my answer is “I don’t know exactly.”

다른 분께서 제게 전시관 건물을 주셨습니다.
Someone gave me a exhibit room.
제 역할은 오직 그 장소에 오브젝트들을 배치하고 텍스쳐를 입혀서 Shapespark로 넘기는 것이죠.
My only role is to place objects in that space, put textures on them, and export them to Shapespark.

이게 문제인가요?
Is this a problem?

만약 이게 문제라면 어떻게 해결할 수 있나요?
If this is a problem, how can I solve it?

또, 만약 이게 원인이 아니라면 어떤 것이 원인이 될 수 있는지, 그에 대한 해결방법으로는 어떤 것이 있는지 궁금합니다.
Also, if this is not the cause, I wonder what can be the cause and what is the solution to it.

일하시는 작업물을 간단한 한 면, 정도로 추려도 같은 현상이 일어나나요?
실제로 테스트 할 수 있는 파일이 없으면 이러한 문제는 풀기가 상당히 어려운 부분이 있지 않을까 싶네요.

혹시 저작권 문제가 있다면 다른 부분은 다 제거 하고, 문제가 발생하는 부분만 공유가 가능 한지 여쭙고 싶네요.

Do you have the same sort of trouble when you isolate the problem-causing surface?
This sort of issue would be quite difficult to solve unless we have a file to observe and troubleshoot.

If there is any copyright issues, you might want to just the isolate the area and share with othters.

1 Like

알겠습니다.
그럼 다른 부분들 손보고, 그 부분에서 특히 문제되는 일부만, 그림만 바꿔서 올려볼게요.
혹시 여기 스케치업 파일도 올릴 수 있나요?
I see.
Then I’ll fix other parts, and I’ll change some of the parts that are particularly problematic, and upload them.
Can I upload a sketchup file here?

올릴 수 있을듯?
I think you can upload it?

Yes, it would be best if you attached a reduced SketchUp file here. The forum allows to attach files up to 16MB. If your file is larger you can use www.wetransfer.com and share the link here.

그럼, 올리겠습니다.
So, I’ll upload.

그림은 작업하던 자료에서 바꿨습니다.
And I changed image.

그리고 이건 제 파일 모음입니다.
And this is my file collection.

Please, help me.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CuzC4VI9B3sForSpaB_gwltS-NY-d1JY?usp=sharing

The model doesn’t use real world dimensions. If you use the SketchUp’s tape tool you can measure that the image is only 2cm high - see the screenshot:

Shapespark downsizes the texture to save space - if a surface is tiny (2cm), there is no point in keeping a high-resolution texture for it.

Shapespark assumes that imported models have real-world dimensions, so you have to scale your SketchUp model up. Or if you’re not the author of this model, could you ask the author to fix the scale?

I’ve also observed the same thing whilst testing the file.
The object needs to be bigger.

이미지 파일이 적용된 면이 너무 작아서 그런것으로 보입니다.
20배 스케일 적용 하니 호랑이가 보이기 시작하네요.

Hi @josephkim626 It is definitely a scaling issue and possibly caused by a unit change in sketchup.

Regards,
Jorge

Translation. 번역.

이는 분명히 스케일링 문제이며 스케치 업의 단위 변경 때문일 수 있습니다.

안부 전해요.