Monthly plans released

We’ve just released monthly subscriptions as an alternative choice to Shapespark perpetual license.
With four options to choose from: three monthly plans and the original perpetual license, we hope everyone will find something suitable. You can check the prices and features here:

2 Likes

Just curious about how the perpetual license works. Is it a one time charge of $790 and then $395 per year after the first year?

The $790 fee is for the perpetual license plus one year of software updates, hosting and support.

After the first year the $395 per year is an optional fee if you want to extend software updates, hosting and support (it’s not for extending the license itself because the license is perpetual).

Just to make sure I am interpreting perpetual license correctly, is the $790 a one time charge or a yearly charge?
Thus in year 2 and beyond, how much would the licensee pay?

In the second year you can pay $395 to continue using the hosting and receiving the Shapespark application updates, or $0 if you don’t want to use the hosting and are fine using the application without further updates and support.

If you decide not to pay, you are still able to use the editor, open scenes on your computer and use self-hosting.

That is what I thought. I just wanted to verify!

BTW: if I upload a model to you service, is there a way to restrict who can access it?

You can use an obfuscated scene name and share a link to such scene only with trusted people (see also this question).

Good day, How much would these prices be in euro?
Thank you

Unfortunately we only support checkout in USD at this moment.

So the price of a basic monthly fee is 19 USD?. And a perpetual licence 790 USD, is that correct?.

Yes, but depending on your location and whether you purchase as a business or individual, you may be charged VAT. If you are a business based in EU, enter you VAT identification number during checkout to prevent VAT from being added.

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Hello –

First of all, my studio thinks this software is great and we are very excited to see how it will continue to develop in the future. Thank you to all the Shapespark team!

Now to my question:
We tried Shapespark out with a monthly plan to ensure it would work for our team.

We would like to purchase the perpetual license, but when trying to change our plan, we are only given the option of starter and standard, or to cancel. Is there a best practice to change to a perpetual license without interrupting hosting or losing our models?

Thank you,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your kind words, we are very happy to hear it.:blush:

Please cancel your subscription first. It will not deactivate your account or hosting immediately, but just disable automatic renewal. Then, purchase perpetual license using the link I’ve sent you via PM.

Best,
Wojciech