More statistics from cloud page

Hi, I’m wondering if we could have details from our visitors in our cloud page? :thinking: I want to know from where and who visit us? How many times some visitor come back and how many time they expend in our spaces? It is possible?

1 Like

We don’t have such statistic, but I think you should be able to achieve this, for example by creating a Google Analytics account and including their tracking snippet in the body-end.html file.

Note that the content hosted on Shapespark hosting is property and responsibility of the content author. Depending on how you will configure your tracking (if you will enable tracking of personal identifiable information), you can be required by regulations such us GDPR to ask the users if they agree to such tracking.

Thans @jan, I will try with G"analitics

Hello Friend!

I use the https://www.tail.digital/ for public metrics on my page, its a free service,you get gender information, country status, personal interests and other information.

You can embed you shapespark environment on websites, and control the access to your page by Tail Target.

Hope this helps

hugs

2 Likes

Thanks @Marcio_Moraes I will try it.

Hello Jan,

I enjoy reading your answers. I have not been able to implement this Google Analytics because I don’t understand your explanation. Is there a possibility for you to share a more detailed answer as to how I can integrate Google Analytics into my Shapespark links.

ex: https://3d.zofffa.ca/zofffa_immersion_3d_prestige/#help

Also, for me to track multiple links, what would be the best method. Ideally, I am looking at sending weekly stats for each link.

Correct me if I am wrong, but someone suggested that I use redirects or masks so that I may generate the url from my webpage, but I think I read somewhere on this forum that it is a bad idea to do it that way.

Your help is much appreciated.

Looking forward to your reply,

Alden

In the Documents\Shapespark\SCENE-NAME\ folder on your disk, you can include body-end.html file. This file allows you to place your custom HTTML, CSS or JavaScript code.

In this file, you can place a Google Analytics script code. You need to create a Google Analytics account to replace UA-XXXXX-Y in this code with a proper value for your account.

After modifying the body-end.html file you need to upload or bundle the scene again for the changes to take effect.

If you place the same code in all your models, Google Analytics should allow to to see separate stats for each path, so for example you will be able to see how many visits zofffa_immersion_3d_prestige path had.

2 Likes

Hello Jan,

i’ll try that, thanks for the quick response!

Alden

Hi @jan,

This old code is still valid. However, I notice a new one with today’s opening of an account on Google Analytics.

**update
The script is the same only the new form of tracking ID

1 Like

Hi @jan,

I need your opinion.
In the new Google Analytics there is a choice of Data Streams:
I guess the Data Streams for Apps and Games is written for iOS and Android.
I downloaded the code from the “Web”
The results are a bit strange, when it comes to Shapespark measurement.

I’m not sure if it’s necessary to take another code, and if it would give more relevant data about the actions in the Shapespark scene and if it can be applied to a desktop computer.

Thanks!

1 Like

We don’t use Google Analytics for 3D scenes, but from my limited experience with 2D pages, Google Analytics is not automatically aware of site-specific actions, if these actions do not result in navigation to new URLs. I guess you should be able to track clicks in menu items, such as view changes. I’m not sure if plain Analytics is enough to configure such tracking, or if you need Google Tag Manager - a more generic service that encapsulates Google Analytics.

1 Like

Hi @Vladan
how do you enter the code in the shapespark tour?
generate an HTML head and place it in the tour folder on your computer?
(I’m not a programmer and it’s been an achievement to generate the body-end HTML files! The procedure for google analytics is similar?)
Greetings, Jorge

Insert this code into head-end.html or body-end.html

Thank you.
It seems to be very easy, I hope it works.

1 Like

It is interesting to know if someone is currently at your presentation, where they came from, how many times your presentation was visited, etc.

1 Like

That’s right! This customer has received 17k visits :star_struck: and we have no data :scream:

exacto

1 Like

Keep in mind that the statistics collected from Shapespark cloud also affect the better ranking of your website in Google searches

1 Like

How do the statistics from Shapespark cloud effect your website? However, probably it has no effect on your website, when the client host the scene on his own server, rigth?

hi,
i used google analytic to track our users, but it cannot show the user location.
the data shows that the scene was open in Netherlands when it was opened here in the Philippines.

do know how to fix this, it will be a huge help.
Thank you

1 Like