New Test Scene Dusk

Hi.
I uploaded a new test scene with some of the new things available and discussed in the forum.
We used an animated texture for the fireplace and the new water material.

Water: It looks a bit like plastic. And the color is switching from bright to dark when you rotate the camera.
Fire: It would be really good to set black for transparency, as it was suggested a while ago.
Social media: I also tested the social media sharing with facebook
Sound: Can it be controlled if the sound is enabled or disabled on start? With a #?

Test scene dusk

5 Likes

Cool presentation @tim. Like the fireplace effect and yes, it would be great to mask the video.

thank you @Kuba - glad you like it.

Great work, thank you for sharing!

As for the water, the color switching is related to transparent object sorting and rendering order. If the water is incorrectly rendered before the windows, it becomes lighter than it should be.

Audio extensions has autoplay option that starts the sound on start.

Looks very nice!
The best night scene I’ve seen so far.
The fireplace looks great as well.

Can this be influenced by the user?

Thank you!

Thank you @korop. We also thought about using a movie texture for the water. But we didn’t actually try it because of Shapespark now hast the water material and I wanted to test it.

As for the water, the color switching is related to transparent object sorting and rendering order. If the water is incorrectly rendered before the windows, it becomes lighter than it should be.

Can this be influenced by the user?

Unfortunately not easily. In case of this particular scene you could try to workaround this by putting a small piece of geometry far away from the camera, for example beyond the rocks. Then merge this small geometry with the pool geometry and cover it with the same material as the water. This way the sorting should always determine that the pool is farther away then the windows.

1 Like

Nice scene @tim.
Perhaps this example of fire will be easier for our developers than the video mask.
I believe there will be more beautiful improvements in Shapespark.

I am sure they are giving their best!
Thank you.

@Vladan this is indeed interesting but masked video could be used for many other effects while this example is very specialized.