No VR Button in Meta Oculus Quest 2

Hello!

There’s an issue with my Meta Oculus Quest 2 that for some reasont won’t show the VR Button in Chrome Browser when I connect VR Set to PC with Cable/Air Link. I’ve tried literally everything, but still it’s not working.
Meanwhile it works properely with internal browser of the Oculus, but the last project I’ve made is just too heavy so it’s pretty laggy and almost unusable with the VR Set hardware.

Would appreciate any help, thank you!

Hi!

I can’t reproduce the problem on our end. What version of the Oculus app are you using? (it should be visible in the Oculus PC app, at the bottom of the Settings tab)

Can you share the scene with us? (if it’s not public you can send a link in a private message)

Also, could you check if one of the examples on the Shapespark homepage works for you with the VR button visible while using Cable/Air Link? (For example this scene: Workshop by MOTIONWAVE )

Could you try opening your scene in Edge browser?

Hi!

So there’s one of the projects I’ve tried to launch again, but with no success: Hotel1
Also I tried the link you send, both in the Chrome and Edge it won’t work as well. And even YouTube 360 videos display as usual without any glasses. I’ve also checked the Oculus App version and it’s the last one (v53), as well as the firmware of VR Set itself (v51).

I’ve checked WebXR Support test and somehow the result was “no VR detected” even I’ve looked at it through the glasses. So apparently it seems that anything I watch through the glasses is nothing more but just second or clone monitor of my PC, without any real VR functions. Meanwhile my coworker with the same VR Set has no such a problem at all.

Now I guess it’s certainly not a problem of the Shapespark, but the glasses themselves. Thanks for responding by the way!

1 Like