PDF viewer no longer working in tour

I’m currently working on a virtual showroom tour for a client and have set up iframe pop-up windows to display client brochures. These worked perfectly for weeks/months and have since stopped working and now display as a white window iframe. I know there has been a recent update and wonder if anyone else has experienced similar issues.

The original coding that seemed to work was:

<iframe allowtransparency="true" style="background: #FFFFFF;" 
    src="*client url*#toolbar=0&navpanes=0&scrollbar=0&statusbar=0&messages=0&scrollbar=0""
  width="425" height="425" /> 
    frameborder="0" height="184" width="100%">
</iframe>

I have since tried:

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer?url=*client url*&embedded=true" frameborder="0" height="100%" width="100%">
</iframe>

This also works intermittently (sometimes displaying the pdf and other times the grey box. If this is an issue on the pdf host website is anyone aware of what might be causing this issue?

I’m by no means a coding whiz when it comes to this sort of thing, but any guidance would be much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Hi!

Could you share the scene with us so we can take a closer look?

Best

Hi Kamil
Thank you for your response, unfortunately at this current point I cannot share the tour publicly although I would love to.

I have however found that the more stable pdf viewer seems to be the below, which I have seen mentioned in other posts.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer?url=client url.pdf&embedded=true" frameborder="0" height="100%" width="100%">
</iframe>

This is pulling through the PDFs now into the tour but they are sometimes slightly slow or intermittent. Does ShapeSpark preload these links into the tour? I have currently turned the progressive loader off, in the hope this will load all of the assets prior to the tour beginning.

Thanks,

Hi

Unfortunately, Shapespark will not preload external assets into the tour. The progressive loader does not affect custom functionality.

Best regards