Preview: meetings in Shapespark scenes

Hi, I would like to test it. My username is “nishantambekar”

Hi @jan, this is really cool! Great to see Shapespark going into this direction. I believe adding chat, audio and video support inside Shapespark would be very beneficial making it an easy to use and complete tool. It would be much more convoluted with external tools added for communication. Very interested to test it in Na Niby Studio!

Thanks @jan !
I also want testing. For now, is the test only on Shapespark cloud or is it possible on self-hosting as well?

It is only on Shapespark cloud. The meetings won’t be available for self-hosting, because their require a custom backend.

3 Likes

Great news @jan, very interesting to test it in ALL360vr, send mail in a minute!

Thank you for your interest in testings. The accounts are now switched, so you should see meetings related functions. On the scenes list there is a new ‘people’ icon that creates a meetings:

thumbnail

And the meetings tab allows to see created meetings, get links to them and delete them:

A meeting works until it is deleted. You can have several separate meetings for the same scene. The last material picker configuration is saved within a meeting. If for example you open a meeting after your client, you will see the last material picker choice of the client.

4 Likes

very exciting!

@Jan, you can explore IrisVr (https://irisvr.com/prospect/) they solved many thinks related to interact in this environment.

Some important things to take into considerations in the meeting are:

1. a ¨call button¨ to forces all the participants to unite around the host.

2. an iframe for one to see what the other participant are seeing

3. being able to speak whit each other while presenting

1 Like

Hey Jan, would you be able to enable this feature for smartview-media as well please? I have a meeting on Wednesday with a commercial design company and this feature would be a massive bonus for getting them on board. :slight_smile:

@Random it is enabled, good luck with the meeting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hola estoy interesado en esta utilidad. muchas! Gracias!

Woah, I only just noticed this topic! Please @jan could you add taikalyhty to the test team also? Needless to say this would rock our world. It is something around 90 % of our clients keep asking for.

Hello Shapespark Team,

Is it possible to edit the popup form asking to input “Display Name” and add visitors to input their contact details as well? (Like phone number and Email ID)

I think this would be a great feature so that the tour creator can collect leads and can host his/her virtual exhibition or expo on a large scale.

Hi Jan, other good example how to manage a group inside virtual spaces are google expeditions! Expediciones y Tour Creator ya no están disponibles - Ayuda de Expediciones
They have very simple and clever ways to show hot spots to everyone and do calls to see specific points. Pay attention to the way that they tracking the ponit of view for every single person inside the scene!

I hope you move forward with this, the people ask me a lot about it!

+1 This would be fantastic. I have been fancying a thought of giving expo guests the opportunity to create their own business cards (name, email, phone maybe) that they could then give the exhibitors by simply clicking a trigger on a exhibitors stand.

@ville: we have enabled meetings for your account.

We are moving forward with audio/video tests and would like to first see how reliable and usable such streaming will be in a browser and what are the limits for the number of participants.

@jan Thanks! Sure thing, take your time. The virtual fair scope sure must be challenging. What I learned from the first one last month is that it might be better to separate each exhibition booth as it’s own model and just have a general “hallway model” for the full expo from where you could enter the booth models. That way the traffic should be lower for each meeting and could maybe be controlled some way.

Really excited about this feature. I’ll test this with my team and let you know our thoughts.

1 Like

Hey ShapeSpark Team,

Firstly thanks for giving me early access to this feature, I had a pitch with a client today and this feature went down really well.

I know this is only in Beta and only works for tours that are hosted on the SS platform.

1. Are there any plans for charging for this feature, or will it just be included in the Plus plan for example?

2. Will this chat feature be available for self hosted tours as well? I notice that our Plus plan can only have 50 online slots. I have 2 customers coming on board that would more than likely take all 50 slots between them. So it would be great to have these hosted on our own server with the chat feature still being an option, even if it required some sort of install on our server to make this feature function.

I’m really loving all of the new features over the last 6 months, it feels like ShapeSpark has grown so much. We’re slowly adjusting our service offering to make ShapeSpark a big part of what we do, so it’s all very exciting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you.

1. Are there any plans for charging for this feature, or will it just be included in the Plus plan for example?

We don’t have pricing figured out yet. We still need to see more usage patterns and run some calculations how much streaming will cost. Plus plan rather for sure will allow to create meetings, perhaps with some limits on the number of participants and time. If we manage to support larger events, such as trade shows, there likely will be a separate payment for such an event, not something included in one of the plans.

1. Will this chat feature be available for self hosted tours as well? I notice that our Plus plan can only have 50 online slots. I have 2 customers coming on board that would more than likely take all 50 slots between them. So it would be great to have these hosted on our own server with the chat feature still being an option, even if it required some sort of install on our server to make this feature function.

If you need more hosting slots, contact us and we will prepare a custom offer, perhaps it will be a better option for you than hosting on own server. We won’t support self hosting for meetings. Normal scenes are just a collection of static files that any HTTP server should be able to serve without any sophisticated configuration, meetings require custom code to be run on the server. We consider supporting self hosted scenes to join the meetings by communicating with the Shapespark server.

2 Likes

Could this be used in conjunction with a zoom meeting, for audio from all members, plus share screening so everyone can revert back to the zoom meeting?
I can present a meeting, and stay in control of it. I can demonstrate how the others can use the UI, and them they can use it as they like after the meeting.

Sure, you could start a meeting by sharing a Zoom link, and then in the Zoom chat share a link to a Shapespark meeting. Or you can start by sharing a link to a Shapespark meeting, and in the Shapespark scene share a link to Zoom. The first option can be better, as most people are already familiar with Zoom.