Progressive loader events

Hi!

I was just wondering if there were any events emitted by the progressive loader (when it starts/ends)?

Would like to try to notify the users that they are interacting with an incomplete scene when the progressive loader starts (I know there is a progress bar in the top, but some people fail to see/understand what it indicates :sweat_smile:)

Progressive loader is active between Viewer.onSceneReadyToDisplay() and Viewer.onSceneLoadComplete() events: GitHub - shapespark/shapespark-viewer-api: JavaScript API for interacting with the Shapespark 3D scene.

In case the scene loads fast, progressive loader is not activated but these two events are still delivered. Perhaps you could start a timer in onSceneReadyToDisplay and if onSceneLoadComplete does not run within, say, 1 second, show the notification to the user.

You likely already know this, but progressive loader can be also disabled in the editor Viewer tab.

1 Like

That would work :+1:

Yes I know that it’s possible to disable it. Already did that once when some users got a little confused when you were able to interact with an “unloaded” scene :stuck_out_tongue: But I was contemplating on bringing it back along with a notification. It just depends on what we end up prioritizing, “time to interact” or fidelity.