Real scale in VR experience

Hi @wojtek and @jan.
(Some time out of the scene, I’m back!)
A client need to check the design and proportions in the early stage of the process. We have reviewed shapespark models with VR headsets but we noticed that not all of them have the same scale and some even look like Barbie doll houses. We feel like we are walking in environments a little smaller than reality!

Is there a way to modify the scale of the models? How can I adjust the size of the model to be closer to reality? @krzysztof Do you know about this?

1 Like

Well, it’s not just me then. Following.

1 Like

Hi @jorgearq @EZO

If a VR headset provides height information, this information will be used to automatically adjust camera height above the floor when using “auto climb” feature. Any options set in editor regarding camera height will be overridden by VR headset height information.

Do you use “auto climb” feature in some of your scenes that seem to be out of scale?

Best

Let’s see how I explain this scale issue to you!

I am going to exclude models that obviously have their size modified by his creators.
And I want to point out that this is only perceived using VR glasses.

Sometimes when entering the scene with the VR glasses the space feels a little smaller than it should be. I have tested as follows: I have placed in a scene a table at an exact height of 76cm which is the height of my desk, and I also place a door with a height of 210cm. I make sure that my entry point into the scene is at the height of my eyes 162cm. When I enter the virtual scene and try to “touch” the table it is obviously not at the same height as my physical table! And neither is the height of the door. This is not just a sensation, it implies that the ceiling and the space in general is proportionally reduced. I have no way to find the percentage of reduction but evidently there are scenes whose scale is not 1:1.

I hope I have explained and it has nothing to do with “auto climb”.

Regards
Jorge

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)