Back to the Shapespark home page

Shadows problems

Hi, I’ve several problems with shadows. How can I solve them?

The thin passage is very dark, and the “flood dark” post-processing filter treats the passage as an non-illuminated space, which leads to artifacts. I’d suggest to start from making the passage a bit brighter. Have you enabled ambient occlusion (in the “Bake” tab) for this scene?

I haven’t enabled ambient occlusion. If u want I can give u the link of this scene. https://pierugg8.shapespark.com/secolo024/

I see. Could you then enable the ambient occlusion and re-bake the scene?

Hi wojtek, unfortunately I have the same problem with the shadows of products and structure. I send u a screenshot and the link. Thank u so much if u can help me!

Shadows problems

The floor in your scene (pavi stanza 1) has Custom lightmap resolution set to 20, which means that one lightmap pixels covers 5 x 5cm square on the floor, leading to jagged shadows. I suggest to reset the global Lightmap resolution setting (Bake tab) to 75, and use lower lightmap resolution only for the objects for which shadows are less detailed (eg. external walls).

BTW, your scene has ~40M triangles, which is too much for an average mobile or desktop device. Have you considered optimizing geometry for some high-poly objects in the scene?