Shapespark Plugin for Blender?

Hi,

I wonder if there is a Shapespark plugin for Blender, just like SketchUp & Shapespark flawless combo. More importantly, both of Shapespark and Blender are using the exact same render engine, Cycle.

Since they are using the Cycle, maybe the devs can also integrate another maps like Bump, Roughness, Transparency, Metallic, etc. So we don’t have to re-assign it on the Shapespark later after assigning it on Blender, this will help a lot for sure :smiley:

Best regards,
Arkan.

Hi,

Unfortunately, we don’t have a Shapespark exporter for Blender. However, if you are familiar with Blender scripting, you can experiment with transferring additional material properties from Blender to Shapespark through an extras.json file. The format of the file is documented here: GitHub - shapespark/shapespark-extras-json: A JSON file format that can be used to import additional properties to Shapespark.

1 Like

Okay, thank you for the answer. Even though I’m not really good at scripting, but it should help :slight_smile:!

1 Like

Hi @wojtek, I wrote a simple script in blender to generate the additional material information and save them to json file. I believe it looks exactly as the example on Shapespark Github page but it doesn’t work. Both files are in the same directory and share the same name but no metallic or roughness textures get imported to Shapespark. Can you have a look?

https://nanibystudio-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/kuba_zychowicz_nanibystudio_pl/EisYawqs1flLqcp4VUh2VgMBCkaV8-6_gtZGukQ3-QIRFA?e=csT9Lp

@Kuba, when you import the FBX file, are the metallic and roughness texture files in the same directory as the FBX & JSON files?

Thank you @wojtek, I had only texture names as in the example file but the textures are stored in my global texture library. Changed it to save absolute path to the textures and it works now.

1 Like