Thought I would add a wishlist to the mix

It also might be a cool thing to connect models with hotspots. So I can, for example, enter an interior from an exterior scene. Kind of loading a new level into the scene. Or have a multi-storage house where I can load apartments as required.

2 Likes

You know, we do this in Unreal all the time, and that would be incredibly useful! Great suggestion Tim!

When you are viewing a scene/model that has multiple views, it would be nice if the “view” that is selected (the one you are viewing) was highlighted in some way. Just looked at a post in another thread that had a lot of views. When I went from one view to another, I could not tell which view I was viewing.

1 Like

@tedvitale / You are doing architectural Visualization in Unreal? Are you using it for real-time rendering?
I started some tests and first VR Projects. But I think the clients, or at least my clients, are not happy with using VR headsets. And it is hard to share the scenes with clients/customers.

Would like to be able to control the brightness (and perhaps some other settings - like color) for something that has been designated as an emitter.

@ntxdave, You can make the material emissive using the Emissive option of the Materials tab. The Base color setting of the material will then determine the color of the emitted light, and the Strength option will control how strong the light is.

Thanks for the reply. I do not know how I missed those settings. You may withdraw my post from the thread if you wish. :blush:

Hi all,
I like to open a small wishlist. I really like Shapespark - but If you have a lot changes some things are a bit hard to do it over an over again.

• Possibility to save Material/ Material-Manager
  • Possibility to click an more than one Objekt to change for example the light settings für 5 lights or Materials
  • Change Name of the Project in the Projectmanager
  • 3D Hotspots (Dummy points !?) where you can place clickable Infos and Links
  • For Infotext: Change Font to meet CI. Place customer logo.

What Do you thing? I like to do a lot with shapespark - and therefore I need this for a good workflow :slight_smile:

Cheers
Michael

Hi, @woelke.design,

Thank you very much for the feedback! (I’ve moved your post to an existing thread with wishlist items for Shapespark.)

Yes, this is something what others users also have requested. We’ll definitely add it at some point.

As for lights you can already control type, strength, size and spot angle for all instances of the same light at once. You can add a new instance of the same light in the Instances panel of the Lights tab (Also, if you are using SketchUp, light instances in SketchUp are automatically translated to light instances in Shapespark).

This is not yet possible in the UI, by you can do it by renaming the scene folder in the Documents\Shapespark folder.

Right, this is an often requested feature. We have it on our todo list.

Changing the font already possible albeit for now difficult. Changing the logo is already possible. Both things require the perpetual commercial license, or Standard/Plus monthly plan.

Some additional things I would like to see:

• “Handles” for resizing bounding boxes
  • The ability to resize and move objects
  • “Handles” or “Circles” for controlling the angle or objects and lights
3 Likes

Yep, “have a marker for annotations” thats what will really expand shapespark for potencialy new customers having their showrooms. Is any chance to see this option soon. Its look like simple and quick addon, for start nothing fancy, just some text window maybe simple format options based on html and working externel links in ex. product site details :wink:

Yes, We are working on it and it should be ready soon.

2 Likes

Great, :wink:
"ready soon? > Days? > weeks?
I’need to send some ansfer to clinet :wink:

Here are nice example of interior interactivity

We love the WebVR Showroom demo.

We plan to release the annotations by the end of March. Unlike in the Showroom demo, the annotations won’t rely on the hover functionality, because hover interaction requires a mouse and doesn’t translate well to touch-screen devices. Instead we will allow to add small clickable objects to the scene that will expand annotations windows.

2 Likes

This sounds great. The Showroom demo is the kind of thing that I would really like to see. The ability to click on something to:

• Display additional information
  • Link to another web page
  • Change the material of an object

The next step after this, would be to allow us to animate objects. :grin:

Any chance for some screenshot “trailer” how it looks? :wink:

Not yet, but we will post screenshots when things look decently enough.

Here is another WebVR page that shows some interaction along with some animation (wheels on car). This indicates that all this stuff is achievable. WebVR Example

BTW: How do you provide a reference like the one Indi_80 did in his post?

The new interactive functions are a great step forward. I would also like the ability to show/hide objects interactively. Yes, you can currently show and hide objects at the view level, but I would like to be able to do this by clicking on something. As an example, I have some equipment that has options so I would like to be able show/hide those options interactively. Creating a view begins to clutter the view (navigation) list.

I do anticipate a problem with this option. As I look as some of the things I have done to date, there are occasions when a particular object is duplicated to conserve on the size of the scene. That is fine but we need the ability to address each of the instances of an object independently. I can see that as a potential problem going forward. When we get around to animation this same problem could/will exist there as well. In my car was scenes it is a fairly common occurrence to have multiple pieces of the same equipment. As the car goes through the car wash, I will want to have those different instances of the equipment animated at different time frames. :roll_eyes: