Thought I would add a wishlist to the mix

Not yet, but we will post screenshots when things look decently enough.

Here is another WebVR page that shows some interaction along with some animation (wheels on car). This indicates that all this stuff is achievable. WebVR Example

BTW: How do you provide a reference like the one Indi_80 did in his post?

The new interactive functions are a great step forward. I would also like the ability to show/hide objects interactively. Yes, you can currently show and hide objects at the view level, but I would like to be able to do this by clicking on something. As an example, I have some equipment that has options so I would like to be able show/hide those options interactively. Creating a view begins to clutter the view (navigation) list.

I do anticipate a problem with this option. As I look as some of the things I have done to date, there are occasions when a particular object is duplicated to conserve on the size of the scene. That is fine but we need the ability to address each of the instances of an object independently. I can see that as a potential problem going forward. When we get around to animation this same problem could/will exist there as well. In my car was scenes it is a fairly common occurrence to have multiple pieces of the same equipment. As the car goes through the car wash, I will want to have those different instances of the equipment animated at different time frames. :roll_eyes:

oh! this could be very nice! maybe gif support to bump? like to make water waves?

During the processing of materials I try out different textures from time to time. Sometimes the texture has to be rotated 90 degrees because the orientation is wrong. It would be good if there was an option in the Material Editor to rotate a texture in 90 degree steps. This would greatly improve the workflow.

2 Likes

Just curious if animating objects is anywhere on the list of future features.:question:

1 Like

There should be an option to download the files uploaded on Shapespark servers, just in case we lose the file or it gets modified and we don’t have a backup.

I’m testing shapespark and really like it so far, only thing that is crucially missing is object interaction, would it be so hard to implement?

Without changing the whole system of prebaked lightmaps, would it be possible to mark the object you want to be able to hide or replace, and then also mark the objects that have the lightmaps influenced by the interactive object. Then you just have to rebake the influenced lightmaps twice, once with and once without object. You already can hide objects and you can already bake lightmaps. We just need to be able to bake twice, no?

@Boco,

You are right, but the problem here is that the number of lightmap versions to bake grows very fast with the number of replaceable objects. If there are 2 alternatives for a table, it’d be only 2 lightmap versions, but suppose there are 3 alternatives for a table, 3 alternatives for a sofa and 3 alternatives for a lamp - it gives 27 different combinations, so 27 lightmap versions.

So, in our view, for object interaction it’d be better to have a solution relying on dynamically computed lighting rather than statically baked lightmaps only.

Of course that’s where the trouble starts but I thought of that too. This could be prevented by dividing the floor in different parts that would correspond to the different objects. Not an ideal solution but this could work while waiting for a dynamic solution.

PS: I love it when the guys behind the software are responding so fast! :+1:

Or don’t bake the influence of the interactive objects on the main floor lightmap. Just bake them separately and add them as decal in a blend mode as you would add shadows on the ground in photoshop. So the decal shadows would be attached to the object and would be hidden with it, the main lightmap would not change.

But this would be harder to implement I think, but more flexible.

Adding another item to the wishlist:

Client Billing- It would be great to build a model for a client and then transfer the ownership/billing to them. Additionally it would be great if they could pay a “view only” rate. It would be lower cost than a normal shapespark subscription, but they wouldn’t have access to make any edits.

1 Like

Hi @harvinder
You already have thats files in your machine
C\program files\shapespark\folders (or somethg similar)
Each folder inside that direction is a scene that you worked with the software, the last modification or the last version of every scene saved.

@cbarcaha such ownership transfer is something that we would like to support at some point. For now, with some effort, you could achieve it by sending the finished scene files to your client, so the client can put them in Documents\Shapespark\ and upload to their account.

I would like to have the options to tweak maps inside of Shapespark for roughness and metallic with:

• invert map
  • adjust brightness
  • adjust contrast

Similar to something you can do with the main texture of the material.

Thanks for the reply @jorgearq. What I meant is if we could recover the files from Shapespark cloud in case the hdd crashes and the files are lost with it.

We are currently working on a scene download function allowing the user to download a scene from the Shapespark hosting back to the user’s local Shapespark installation. It will be included in the next release.