Video meetings are now available

Thank you @wojtek for participating in the discussion. I hope for positive solutions that will result from them.
Yes you are right, sometimes questions really need to be correct for the correct answer. You built Shapespark to present apartments and houses. Meanwhile, Shapespark is growing into a platform that offers much more: galleries, shops, fairs.
If I offer a 3d meeting to a company that has nothing to do with architecture, modeling, etc., then they don’t need an application, only a scene with meeting.
Can you think of just that option for them?
Of course the Starter-m (meeting) plan would include one host-place and time - minutes within the price of 19 $. Standard-m (meeting): for $ 49 they can get more host scenes and minutes, maybe a custom domain?

Do you think it is necessary to add the following text on your page Video meetings in 3D | Shapespark : If you want a custom scene, our experienced artists are at your disposal Jobs - Shapespark Community
I hope you have noticed the interest of many of our members in new projects.

Examples where Shapespark meetings can be successfully placed are like this,

but I believe that the developers of Unreal Engin have already made their offer.

Thanks for the clarification, @Vladan. At this moment we are not planning to introduce special hosting-only or meeting-only plans.

We are working on some updates to our website, and we think we’ll have a place similar to what you suggest, linking to the Shapespark experts.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.
If you want we can continue the discussion at pm.
Certainly, your unfinished page Video meetings in 3D | Shapespark leaves a dilemma:
Do you describe a product - a Shapespark app that has these features or just sell minutes (when who wants and how much they want)?

We will be glad to meet yours @mateusz
Business people say that the best advertisements are satisfied customers.

To clarify: the intention of this page is to allow people to quickly test the meetings without going through the process of creating Shapespark account, importing own 3D model, baking, uploading, etc. Some potential customers interested in the meetings (for example a company that would like to have a virtual showroom), don’t have necessary 3D skills to use Shapespark. This page allows such potential customers to learn about the meetings and quickly create a trial meeting (a short one is free, a longer one is paid, the payment is mainly to avoid this trial being abused as a free conferencing tool). Before you open this popup there is a description:

Host your first meeting in a space provided by the Shapespark team. You can either request a free link to a 45-minute meeting, or purchase a link to a longer one.

After the test, if a person likes the experience, she can start a normal Shapespark trial.

2 Likes

Hello @Vladan!

In fact, hello everybody! Getting into my stride and looking forward to some great conversations with you gals and guys here.

1 Like

Hi @mateusz,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.
We all know that @jan and @wojtek are wonderful people and great programmers. They helped each of us in something.

Can you as an administrator open a new category “Roadmap” and ask developers to start this category with their improvement plan for this year.

There have been a lot of nice suggestions these years, it seems to me that they have been forgotten. We must all be honest and open if we want Shapespark to remain our favorite program that meets many desires and criteria.

This is the first step towards improving quality in photo-realistic views and is still under consideration, and it seems to me that it can be resolved in a maximum of two days.

Other members also have good suggestions, I will give a list of my wishes later.

Best regards!

1 Like

Hi @Vladan,

as Wojtek has said, we won’t be sharing our product roadmap publicly anytime soon. At this stage of growth we experiment, test various possibilities, sometimes we reshuffle our priorities a bit. It would be rather irresponsible of us to commit to something and then fail to deliver because various things have changed.

We do have our ears and eyes (and our developers’ brains) open to what is being said here, though, we discuss those wishes and requests. It would feel lovely to fulfill those we consider beneficial for the majority of our customers and our product development quickly, but we have to categorize them somehow: that has to be postponed indefinitely and this will be done soon etc. I can definitely promise that we will be paying a lot of attention this year to improving overall rendering quality.

2 Likes

Hi @mateusz, a solution could be to open a table where users put our needs and at the same time vote the ones we are most interested in, so you would have a guide to focus your efforts, nothing that commits you but that helps you to make decisions.
Regards,
Jorge

3 Likes

I agree with you that it takes time to fulfill the wishes of our clients. But you can certainly participate with us in discussions for priorities.

Yes, a better render is the reason to get even more Shapespark users.
Even Twinmotion and Lumion are racing around it.
Many years back in Vray the primary light was not the Sun. Dome light with HDRI texture is used.

Get a free 1-year license until June 2, 2021.

Yes, a sort of a “wishlist” is a very good idea! Let us find the right format for this.

3 Likes

Thank you @mateusz,

It will be easier for you to get feedback from us if you open a new category “suggestions” .
Best regards!

2 Likes

Hi all. We experimented a 1,5mil triangle trade fair hall with 30 meeting participants and had zero issues with stability. All done during a fair event. Maybe 20 of them had their camera feed off though. Burned through around 15 000 usage minutes during the day but was well worth it with the successful event and positive feedback we got.

11 Likes

Nice. Thank you for sharing this inside :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

hi @Vladan , are you able to use 3dvista’s video guide option with url/iframe popups? for ex, opening a ss tour in 3dvista environment?

thanks
Kumar

Hi @Kumar_H,
@ville gave a perfect idea and example of connecting spherical panoramas with Shapespark. Very useful when huge projects are in demand.

2 Likes

Would love to visit the scene of the fair if possible =)

1 Like

Can we up the meeting limit to 50? or 100, even for a fee

@my3ideas, we haven’t tested it for such a number of participants yet, but if you’d like we can increase the limit to 50 for you.

@wojtek
Meetings look pretty cool, I’m curious if it’s something you’ve built yourselves or if it’s been built on top of something else? Obviously, you’ve done a custom integration but I’m curious about their terms of service and privacy policy. I’ve seen yours but can’t find anything for the 3rd party. Thanks.

Yes Please, we can give it a bash for our new project