Beta release of the Shapespark cloud editor

We would like to invite you to try the newly released Shapespark editor in the cloud mode. To open the editor login to your Shapespark account and click the Edit (beta) button:

The editor allows you to bake scenes without using your precious local resources. Each bake utilizes 128 cloud CPUs, so it is really fast :fire:

In addition to fast baking with the cloud editor you can also:

• Quickly inspect or do edits of the existing scenes even if you don’t have access to your main computer.
  • Import scenes in FBX, COLLADA, OBJ and glTF formats directly to the cloud.

All changes done in the editor are saved as drafts. Drafts can be previewed or discarded and are not visible to external users until you Publish draft.

Cloud editor has some limitations:

• SketchUp, Revit and 3ds Max plugins still work only with the desktop application. You can use the editor for baking scenes created with these plugins, but you need to first upload such scenes from the desktop application to the cloud.
  • Editor works with scenes with less than 5 million triangles and 10000 objects.
  • Baking settings are limited to 1200 samples and 2 lightmaps.
  • One user can only run one baking job at a time, so you cannot bake several scenes in parallel.
  • The editor is available only for the paid accounts, not yet for the trial users.

We hope you will give these new features a try and share your feedback with us.

10 Likes

WOW! This is actually very cool!
The ability to do some edits AND baking while you are away from your main computer is very useful.
Are there plans for adding SKP import?
Also, any word on how much will this cost once it is officially released?

3 Likes

Thanks! Our initial plan is to make the cloud editor available without extra charge. Perhaps there will be limit on the number of bake jobs that you can run per month depending on the subscription plan that you have. Of course, we need to see what will be the usage and might need to adjust this initial plan if server cost turns out to be too large.

1 Like

This is an amazing idea. Great work guys!

2 Likes

Wow! This is really awesome!

super c’est top par contre ma scène est trop grande pour le nombre d’objet que faire ?..

We limit the size of scenes that can be opened in the cloud editor to ensure servers are not overloaded, for larger scenes you need to use the desktop editor, it doesn’t have size limits.

1 Like

this is really amazing feature! I just try on my Mac.Does not work.
Is this feature only works on window users?

this is really amazing feature! I just try on my Mac.Does not work.
Is this feature only works on window users?

It should work on Mac. What kind of failure do you encounter?

wow! really?
I have 2senses on my senses page,
both does not show the Edit(beta)feature.Is there anything I am missing?

I have 2senses on my senses page,
both does not show the Edit(beta)feature.Is there anything I am missing?

Could you send us your account name to support@shapespark.com? We will check why the editor is not enabled for this account. Perhaps it is a trial account (cloud editor is not yet available in trial).

1 Like

Jan! thank you so much for your quick response!!!
beta is working on mac now !!!
I cant believe it :smile:
many thanks!!! :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

1 Like

I was testing the speed and quality of the render using the cloud editor and I got this result!? what could be wrong?

This is the scene I have in my space if you want to analyze it. Home Theater Tempestad Azul by Arq. Jorge Aguilar Actually I just want to share the error, I don’t need to upload the scene because it’s a delivered project.

Hi, thanks for the bug report.
There are two issues here:

• the green dots happen when color mapping is enabled in dark scenes
  • lightmap has a violet tint

We are investigating both problems and actually already have a fix for the first one. In the next release both problems will be fixed. For now you can disable color mapping to fix the main issue.

1 Like

The first issue is fixed in the cloud version of Shapespark and in the latest 2.9.0 beta: