Optimizing Exterior and Interior Models: Workflow Tips for Blender and Shapespark

I’ve been working on architectural projects that require both exterior and interior spaces to be showcased together, and I’m keen to improve the efficiency and quality of my work. Are there any specific techniques or best practices that I should be aware of when working with both exterior and interior scenes within Shapespark?

I’m particularly interested in optimizing my Blender-to-Shapespark workflow. What are some tips for creating 3D models in Blender that render well and load smoothly in Shapespark? Are there any recommended export settings or considerations I should keep in mind to ensure a seamless transition from Blender to Shapespark?

Additionally, if you have any advice on managing texture and lighting for both exterior and interior spaces, I’d greatly appreciate it. It can be a bit challenging to strike the right balance when working on such diverse areas within a single project.

Your insights and experiences would be highly valuable. Please feel free to share any tips, tutorials, or resources that you think might help me improve my workflow and achieve better results in both interior and exterior scenes. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Hi,

usually when I work with blender I use fbx files and I make sure that all textures are packed into the file so nothing will be lost on the way.

If you are working with large scenes (heavy geometry) the best would be to optimize it. Blender has preatty decent geometry optimization modifier (Decimate) In our next release we will add mesh simplification tool that will allow to simplify geometry before an upload so your scene will be able to run smoother on any device. I can’t say yet when exactly this release will take place but soon :wink:

Shapespark doesn’t have explicit scene size (triangles) limits, but large scenes can fail to load on some devices (especially mobile phones) or can run with a low frame rate. Large scenes can also take a long time to download over a slow Internet connection.

It is recommended to keep the number of triangles in the scene below 4 million for it to work well on older mobile devices. If the scene is to be viewed on a desktop computer, and the loading time is not a critical factor, then the limit is much higher - in the 10-20 million triangles range.

According to textures it’s also good to use smaller file sizes for areas that won’t be visible much, or won’t be shown from close. I don’t use textures bigger than 2K. Using smaller textures makes scene file smaller.

For managing exposure in exterior and interior scenes please read this: