ShapeSpark on Quest?

Hi @Random, if you can use shapespark on quest, let us know, I got the same question.

1 Like

So I’ve got my Oculus Quest and tested it out on a few models, I’ve also attached 2 videos from my tests last night on a new project we’re currently still working on.

Teleportation:
This was my first attempt at using VR in this model, with no additional # options turned. Personally I think it runs pretty nicely. The triangle count of this house is very low, probably only around 100,000 at this stage due to not really having an furniture in it.
27151718 354766938738830 2711227707838207797 n - YouTube

Free Movement:
In this version I enabled “#nogamepadteleport&autoplay&vrhi” which was awesome! Using the sensors on the Quest I was able to freely move around my real lounge by just walking around and have the headset automatically move me around in the ShapeSpark experience.
27126427 667354170434448 7154895448187749694 n - YouTube

I would really like to workout how to teleport and freely move all in the one experience, as you can see while moving around in the real world I couldn’t explore the whole virtual house as I didn’t actually have enough real world space. ***I’ve just worked out if I look at a spot for longer enough I can teleport there, can we set it to teleport by click on a controller button like it does when not using the option to move around freely?

1. If anyone has any suggestions for additional # tags to put at the end of the URL to help ensure that we’re getting the best visual and user experience possible while in VR I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Is there anyway to adjust the users height while in VR mode? I felt very low in most locations.

3. In another one of our tours we have tags for changing colors, how to do we turn this on in the VR version as the Quest comes with controllers for interacting with the environment. If it would be possible to explore future updates to include being able to see these controllers that would be awesome.

4. We’re planning on pushing clients in the direction of the Quest & ShapeSpark tours in a big way over the next few months so any optimizations that could be done for it would be greatly appreciate.

I’ve noticed that on our other models that have higher triangle counts (1.9 million) it can be jumpy and you need to move much slower.

Lastly, on changing floors while in VR Mode, I can’t walk up and down stairs freely (I can teleport tho). Yet I can in move up and down while in a browser on PC.

3 Likes

This looks really nice. I think we will give it a try, too.

1 Like

Thanks to Share! :+1:t3: I hope that you will up the entire model to know the Quest performance!
I want to be sure before to change my Odyssey glasses!

But… I’m confused! When I use the Samsum Odyssey headset I don’t need to set nothing to move arround! I Just move arround for free movement and I make my teleportation by cliking on a game pad in the controller, I can used both of them whithout any especial setting! Do you can’t make it that in Quest?

Yea it’s the same for the Quest, I worked out some of the # I was using was preventing that.

My current issues are:

1. Not being able to move up stairs via walking in VR, unless I teleport.
  2. Working out how to turn the Bundle into an APK file for side loading on the Quest to use offline.
  3. Not being able to move down stairs in VR via teleporting or walking.

@Random did you check this to up/down stairs? Configure walking up and down the stairs: a short guide

Yes, the stairs work fine normally, just not in VR.

Hello today i received my oculus quest. I tried some samples of shapeshark.

I want to what is best practice to create 3d model for shapespark viewer so it rum smooth in VR.

When Shapespark introducing controller visible in VR . so we can easy teleport from one place to another.
NO hyperlink are visible.

need urgent help so we can use Shapesharp.

This is really helpful but need more flexibility to get results upto the mark.

Any suggestions

Really great stuff. Could you elaborate on what the # options you’re referring too are? Sorry for my ignorance, its been some time since I’ve used Shapespark and may have missed the introduction of some new features and controls.

This shapespark forum is Bogus… They not have even time give reply shame

What is your problem?

Hi @prachi_ch, May be you need to search a little bit more in this Forum to understand the workflow
The posibilities to use VR hardware is a plus but the Market have many types of VR headsets so, the technicians can’t solve every issue about new vr models

You can write “oculus” in search Line and dive in a little bit. :wink:

Problem is about oculus quest. How use render tour with controllers.

what to do in stair case and in levels?

Problem is about oculus quest. How use render tour with controllers.

what to do in stair case and in levels?

please suggest all possible high quality vr

how we can use in offline in vr?

Hi @prachi_ch, I have Samsung Odyssey headset so I do not know how to upload the scene in oculus Quest. I supose the oculus Quest have a limit managing large scenes because is not supported by the PC, it is a stand alone headset.
Can you share your scene to see what we can do to help you?
Stair case: Shapespark releases - #54 by jan
Performance and quality: remember the difference beetwen resolution in headsets and others devises, HP Reverb have the Best resolution in headsets, look this table to compare
List of virtual reality headsets - Wikipedia
Every headset have less quality compares with cellphone or pc screens

how to directly open tour in VR ?

No need to click VR button

just open url aor any other way

Hi @prachi_ch, in my case with Windows Mixed Reality:

1. open the scene on edge browser
  2. plugin Samsung Odyssey headset to PC, automátically opens windows mixed reality app on windows
  3. press VR button in the bottom right corner in edge browser and now you see your scene on headset and the same time in windows mixed reality on the PC screen
    Notes:
    You do not see the controls in VR headset
    In my case I need only press a pad button in right control to teleportation
    You see a white dot in the Center of the image, where you put that dot and press the pad button you go there in VR
    You can move phisically and the same time inside your scene as much as the wires allow you (of course this do not apply on Quest)

Hi @Random, can you describe the workflow to see the scene in shapespark! I Can’t open the scene from oculus browser? Can you put step by step please

Really, is super easy.

Item the browser, navigate to the url, press play, click VR in the bottom right and you’re done.