Uploaded artwork resolution question

Hey folks,
Looking for help on a quick question - Working on a gallery space, artwork objects after the completed baked model is uploaded and optimised appears to be down sampled and is pixelating in web browsers (see example pic below). Assuming the way the model is optimised for web is having an effect on the way the artwork pictures are presented? (Or I’m missing something obvious) Is there a way to maintain the resolution of individual objects ie the artwork? Really enjoying Shapespark, been very impressed with it! Much appreciate any help you good folks can offer, cheers :cowboy_hat_face:

You’re right, downscaling textures is a part of reducing the scene size when the scene is uploaded to the web. Textures are downscaled based on how stretched they are in the 3D space. To force using maximum allowed size (2k x 2k) for a particular texture, place a small square, say 10cm x 10cm, in some hidden area of the scene, and apply the texture so that roughly one pixel of the texture occupies the whole square. Then, re-upload or re-bundle your scene.

3 Likes

@ wojtek Thanks for the support, putting it in work now and I’ll get back with the results. Cheers!

1 Like

Hey @wojtek, I am trying to recreate the steps you outlined to increase texture resolution.
Right now, I am using blender to build my models and unwrapping and exporting into FBX.

I place a 10cm X 10cm square under the construct of the scene, and shrank the UV to about a pixedl for that square for the texture I am trying to use. It’s the same texture (not a duplicate) linked as the ground I want to increase the texture of. I uploaded the scene in the FBX again in the Shapespark app for windows and when I look the same texture appears and has not been improved. Do you have a video showing how to increase the texture somewhere I could follow along to see what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

These steps are no longer needed, you can now disable texture compression and scaling in the Shapespark editor: