Back to the Shapespark home page

VR Perspective seems strange

Hi,

I’ve noticed some strange behaviour while using VR view on Oculus Quest or Rift.

First thing i noticed is that the Oculus Guardian does not seem to be in sync with rest of the environment.
I tested this by holding a controller inside the Guardian while moving my head around.
In other VR and webVR applications these stay in sync at all times.

Another case where i notice issues is the parallax effect that wall corners should give.
sUQwD8Ljs8g8STGDwARNQrA%20(2)
When positioning myself as in the above image i would expect the Left eye to see the edge of wall X while the Right eye would not.
In the VR viewer i can’t seem to manage such a position. In other VR and webVR applications i can.

I’m observing these issues in versions 1.11.1 and 1.14.0 (did not test other versions)
as well as your online demo at (https://buildav.shapespark.com/musterappartement/)

Thank you.

1 Like

@Jan-Peter, thank you for very detailed report.:slight_smile:

Both issues are related to Room looks huge in VR whereas on desktop i look fine. The fix for the FOV issue, planned to be released for online scenes next week, fixes the guardian issue and the parallax effect issue you mention.

We’ll let you know when the new viewer version is live, so you could verify if it resolves your issues.

1 Like

Fantastic! Thank you!

Will keep an eye on the forum :slight_smile: