Web identification of an object and hover effect

Hi Experts,

I have two requirements, I am trying to figure out, identification of an object. For instance, I have a car in the scene. I want to do the following-

Firstly, Once I hover over the car, I want the car to be highlighted(maybe change colour or fade). And even if the camera is in any position, I would like to see the car is highlighted. Something like we can use imagemap on an image, please see the following link for country image map-http://www.htmldrive.net/items/demo/704/pure-CSS-Image-Maps

Secondly, I would like to implement a JavaScript onmouseover on the same object. This is possible if we can have some HTML identification of the object. Like, view names gets converted to HTML divs.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Anup

1 Like

There is a viewer API function to register a hover callback, however it detects hovering over a material not object. You can find more information in this post: MouseOver effect - #5 by wojtek.

If the car uses different materials you’d have to extend the approach to highlight all the car materials when any of the car materials is hovered.