Detail list of tricks that you can do with code

Hi @wojtek, @tomek and @jan.
I want to talk to you from my point of view as a shapespark user without programming knowledge.

I consider myself a curious person and I know that many things can be done interacting with Shapespark through the html and the API, however due to my ignorance I don’t understand the limitations and the scope of these tools. I see some wonderful results and I would like to offer them to my clients but I just don’t know how to implement them.

Even this topic is so foreign to me that I don’t even know how to ask my questions because it is simply not clear to me what I can and cannot do using html and the API.

So I propose you something
Please make a list of the interactions and tricks that can be achieved programmatically and indicate which ones can be done with the scrip extension, with the API and with HTML files.

Then, try to make the implementation of those tools friendly for people like me who have no idea about programming. Even the script extension is a mystery to me. You need a very ease front-end, a fool-proof interface!

I leave you these concerns and I hope to collaborate with the development of this platform.
If you would like to try something I am always willing to collaborate.

Regards
Jorge

1 Like

This document: GitHub - shapespark/shapespark-viewer-api: JavaScript API for interacting with the Shapespark 3D scene. is our reference for the Shapespark API functions. Each section describes one API function and includes a link to a live scene that demonstrates how this function can be used. It also has a link to a body-end.html file that you can copy to your scene folder.

There isn’t really much difference between body-end.html based customizations and the Script extension. Script extension allows to add code directly from the editor, so it can be more convenient for small customizations, but body-end.html allows to use your preferred HTML editor, so for any larger customization body-end.html will be more manageable.

Thanks, @jan, for your clarification. However, I still have several doubts that I have not been able to solve in the forum, for example:

the one that intrigues me most of all is how did they do this? :arrow_right: 3Dウォークスルーブース | DX EXhibition | オンライン・バーチャル展示会サービス

secondly, I am surprised by this one: :arrow_right: NYU DESIGN SHOW 2022 – Work from the graduating class of 2022

others that I do not know how to achieve are for example 3D scene
specifically how to generate these buttons

Other simpler things that I haven’t been able to solve either are:
change the red dot in the plane to a symbol with direction

if you know any colleague there in Poland, a student even! who wants to work on some of these things, you can tell him/her that I am interested in working on solving this.

Regards
Jorge

the one that intrigues me most of all is how did they do this? :arrow_right: 3Dウォークスルーブース | DX EXhibition | オンライン・バーチャル展示会サービス

This wasn’t done with Shapespark (Unity I think).

secondly, I am surprised by this one: :arrow_right: NYU DESIGN SHOW 2023 – Work from the graduating class of 2023

From Shapespark API point of view, the interactions look to be simple. The page uses API calls to detect when the scene is loaded, when a node is clicked and to switch camera to a particular view. But HTML UI is really sophisticated (this isn’t really Shapespark related, as Shapespark doesn’t expose any functions for building such a UI)

others that I do not know how to achieve are for example 3D scene
specifically how to generate these buttons

This was discussed here: Button to Share in scene

Other simpler things that I haven’t been able to solve either are: change the red dot in the plane to a symbol with direction

As @wojtek mentioned, we will be adding support for minimap, so you will no longer need programming skills to add one.

ok. thanks @jan. When is the next update planned for?

1 Like

hi @jorgearq ,

Which tour has this plane view with dot indicator?

Can you please share the link again?

Thanks

Hi @Kumar_H, I don’t have the scene available due to lack of space in my shapespark cloud, however in this post I explain in detail how the procedure is done.

2 Likes

Thanks @jorgearq - I too am challenged with code here. Thanks much for your efforts and sharing of the same in public. I will try what best I can do with the tips shared.