Today we release Shapespark 1.5.1 with a following list of changes:
- Drop the ‘experimental’ annotation for CUDA GPU baking. CUDA baking proofed to work well.
- The uploaded scene list at https://cloud.shapespark.com now includes Twitter and Facebook share buttons. The buttons can be hidden at https://cloud.shapespark.com/#settings
- Change the auto-update mechanism to check for updates not only during the application launch, but every 4h.
- Shapespark plugin for SketchUp suggests a valid scene names if a name entered by the user contains reserved characters.
- Fixed bake failures for scenes with large objects that do not fit into a lightmap. A procedure that searched for a suitable lightmap resolution for such objects resulted in an error.
- Fixed diffuse UV mapping for objects with very high UV values. Some UV mapping tools produce large, not normalized UV values that require good precision (for example values between 140000 and 140000.1). UV quantization rounded such large values which resulted in incorrect texture mappings.
- Fixed handling of textures with commas in ICC profile names.
The updated version will install next time you restart Shapespark. Starting from this release, Shapespark will also check for updates every 4h, so if you restart infrequently, you will be still notified about new releases.
We are also adding buttons to help share your work on social media, so if your projects are not confidential, please try these buttons!
The release includes three bug fixes for various corner case scenarios. Bake failures for scenes with large objects affected several users that worked on scenes with large exteriors, please try to bake such scenes again.