Shapespark releases

@wojtek that’s a very good start, so we could use numbers and prefixes to group them, but I hope that later on we can organize them better.

1 Like

Even if it will be in Shapespark 4.3.2 I agree that using splines will improve automatic tour a lot! No more collisions with wall = less bruises :wink:

3 Likes

amazing work you do guys =), i was wondering if you could share your grass texture? its pretty good looking arkkitek@hotmail.com

Another thing that would improve workflow is the ability to create duplicates of extensions, for example, I want to create the same material picker and put it in another room. It takes time to redo it all over again, so having this option would help.

1 Like

Hi, gentlemen!
When do you expect to release the next update?

2 Likes

We have last remaining things to finalize for Shapespark 2.3. It should be released by the end of this week.

4 Likes

Want this feature too. Dublicate Extensions, Triggers, Lights, Safe Settings versions would be nice too

Hey, so the last week is up. can you estimate when the new release will be released? I would need some of the new features on Friday. :slight_smile: Thank you!

Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately we’ve encountered a blocking issue related to CUDA baking in the updated baking engine, and we are investigating it. We will have more information later this day.

1 Like

Hi,
I hope you will be successful soon! We need the updated features! Thanks!

Good luck whith that issues!

It looks that we have a fix, but we need more tests to run overnight. If the tests go well, we’ll roll out the new version around noon UTC time tomorrow.

5 Likes

Shapespark 2.3 is out with the following list of changes:

• Use WebP format to store lightmaps. Reduces lightmap transfer size by about 50%.
  • Use Brotli compressor for geometry buffers. Reduces geometry transfer size by 10-25%.
  • Upgrade Cycles rendering engine to 2.92.
    • Improves baking performance by 10-20%.
    • Improves utilization of multi-GPU devices with different GPU models. Unlike in the previous versions, mixing GPUs of different performance speeds up baking.
    • Reduces memory usage while baking scenes with multiple lightmaps or with many objects using the Isolate shadows option.
  • Improve frame-rate for scenes with complex geometries by optimizing vertices order. Such optimization leads to more efficient GPU memory access patterns.
  • Upgrade Basis compressor to version 1.13. Improves texture compression speed 2-3 times leading to shorter scene uploads.
  • sRGB and HSL modes in the editor color picker.
  • Filters to facilitate finding materials and extensions in the editor.
  • GPU compressed formats and Auto scale resolution settings intended to improve quality of key textures in a scene (for example, art works in virtual galleries) at the expense of larger texture size.
  • A new Video stream extension to attach a HLS video stream to a texture.
  • Decrease the step of the emissive material strength to 0.1. Allows making subtle material-based light sources, like displays or dimly glowing lamps. Low emission strength can also be used as a trick to make a material appear a bit brighter.
  • Allow configuring text color of triggers.
  • Use WebGL2 and centroid sampling on devices that support it to reduce lightmap aliasing artifacts.
  • Allow using assets stored in the scene extra-assets directory from the HTML Label extension and head-end.html / body-end.html files. For example, an HTML Label can use a logo.png image from the extra-assets directory with an HTML code like:
  • Allow configuring geometry quantization with vertexAccuracy parameter in config.json . Higher accuracy improves geometry quality for high resolution, detailed models at the expense of larger geometry size.
  • Two new icons for triggers: search and expand.
  • Fix for videos being muted in some cases even though they were configured to play with sound.
  • 3ds Max exporter improvements:
    • Support 3ds Max 2022.
    • Shorten export times by improving the textures processing performance and introducing texture cache reusable between exports. The cache can be cleared with the new Clear exporter cache item in the Shapespark menu.
    • Support Opacity Map.
    • Support metallic channel.
    • Support Physical Material’s Cutout Map.
    • Fixed a crash when trying to export a scene with too long name.
  • Make Revit exporter support Revit 2022.
  • 3D meetings improvements:
    • Camera and microphone preview and test page before joining a meeting.
    • A more visible laser pointer that meeting participants can use to draw other participants’ attention to places in the meeting space.
    • A visual indicator of who is speaking in the meeting.
    • A button to leave the meeting.
    • Rotate avatar head if the meeting participant’s camera is in a portrait mode.
    • Detect collisions between avatars.
  • JavaScript API improvements:
    • Allow toggling help popup through the JavaSript API.
10 Likes

I can not thank you guys enough. Brilliant, magnificent work!

Thank you very much. Great update! :smiley:

Will you provide a little tutorial for this?

Hi all,
for some reason this update did not install the exporter for 3ds max 2022. After few reinstalls and restarts I managed to install it manually by copying plugin files to 3ds max 2022 folders.

1. Locate the Shapespark configuration file: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Shapespark\config.json.
  2. Open the configuration file in a text editor (eg. Notepad or Notepad++).
  3. Insert the following property adjusting the default value = 0.0005 (meters) to your needs:
  "vertexAccuracy": 0.0005
  1. Make sure all the configuration properties except the last one ends with a comma.
  2. Restart Shapespark.
2 Likes

We’ve just released 2.3.1 version that fixes registering the 3ds Max exporter plug-in for 3ds Max 2022 and the Revit exporter add-in for Revit 2022.

@Zando, after you update to 2.3.1 remove the files you manually copied to 3ds Max 2022 folder to avoid conflicts between the automatically and manually installed plugin.

Thank you, @wojtek.
I thought I understand this but it is not working for me. This is my code:

{
“devices”: [
“CUDA_GeForce GTX 1080_0000:09:00”,
“CUDA_GeForce GTX 1080_0000:41:00”
], <-ADD the comma
“vertexAccuracy”`: 0.000001** ← ADD this line with individual setting
}

After importing the model looks perfect. But after I bake the scene the compression looks as if there wasn’t any adjustment in the code done.

This leads me to two questions:

1. When the compression of the model is a part of the baking process, it can be adjusted in the code even after importing the model. Does every new bake give the chance to play with the settings without the need to re-importing the model first?
  2. Why is my code not working?

Update
This morning everything went well. It seems that Update 2.3.1 somehow was loaded but couldn’t be executed and was blocking the application. I restarted Shapespark and now it is working. :slightly_smiling_face: